Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara

6 Feb

I am a mascara snob. I have been searching and searching for the perfect mascara, and I may have finally found it.

My mascara requirements are as follows:

• black
  • easy to remove without a lot of scrubbing
  • gentle
  • lengthens
  • volumizes
  • doesn’t flake off or smudge over the course of eight hours

Most mascaras can satisfy a few of these requirements. Some can even satisfy almost all of them. But, in my experience, if a mascara is easy to remove, it’s also quick to smudge, and if a mascara will stay all day, I have to scrub my poor eyes to get it off (or use an oil-based remover, which I cannot stand).

As of right now, I am using Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara, and frankly, I love it. To be fair, I love pretty much everything Tarte does – they are definitely my company du jour. But this mascara really seems to do everything I demand! Now I’ve only just started using it, so it still has time to fail, or teach me some new requirement of which I have, until now, been unaware. But for now – mascara magnifique!

9 Responses to “Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara”

1. Keridwyn February 13, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

I’ve been looking for a new mascara now that I no longer have lash extensions!! Might have to check this one out!

• katej78 February 13, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

Excellent! A couple more budget-friendly mascaras I have had success with in the past are L’Oreal Voluminous and Cover Girl Lashblast Luxe, both of which you can get at the drug store!

• Keridwyn February 13, 2012 at 2:52 pm #

Fabulous! Thanks so much for the feedback!!

2. Caitlin Pass February 13, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

I bought this at Sephora yesterday and wore it today. It lasted through an hour of Zumba followed by 45 minutes of yoga. Mascara search is over!!

• katej78 February 13, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

Okay, well, since I did you a solid here, could you loan me some of your motivation? Thanks.

3. Shari February 14, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

Kateness, is it waterproof?

• katej78 February 14, 2012 at 4:40 pm #

It is not. I am not a waterproof fan because of how hard they typically are to get off, although the waterproof ones do have more staying power. It looks like they do make a waterproof version, adorably called Lights, Camera, Splashes!, but I’ve not tried it so I can’t vouch for its waterproofyness or lash enhancingness.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Korres Deep Colour Mascara « Lipgloss & Life - May 25, 2012

[…] and this includes mascara. What I mean is that if I use one of my favorites – like, say, Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara – I end up with really, really full, dark, long lashes, and to me, that looks a bit overdone […]

2. Perricone MD No Mascara Mascara | Lipgloss & Life - July 27, 2014

[…] have a new go-to mascara! No, Tarte didn’t p me off (I still love you Tarte!) I just like to change things up now and then. More […]